Tonight some of our group went on an adventure on the outskirts of the Namwianga mission to look at the stars and the beautiful night sky. It took us an hour to get to where we were going, with our wonderful guide Mr. Gregerson.
Therapy today went great! Raymond, who is in Haven 3, took all of his bottle (5.5 oz) in 13 minutes!! He has been eating slow, so this was great! Edwin in Haven 1 also did great in feeding today after getting some infant massage from Reagan and mixing rice cereal into his bottle. Joy, Steve, and Brian participated well in language group (usually they are upset).
Here are some photos of cute kiddos!! :)
Blessings,
B.



















Always good to see progress. Is there anything else that you guys do to improve the amount/time span they eat in? Formula changes? Different bottles? I had a patient (93 yr old) that was put on Riddlin to increase her appetite. Was news to me!! Glad you all are getting to enjoy some of Africa outside the Havens...even though we can tell you all love it there!
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear that the babies are eating well! I know that's a wonderful accomplishment for you all. What do you think helped the three kiddos (who are normally upset) to participate in language group today? The pictures are great! Miss you all!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics! Mollie and Rebecca's questions are good.
ReplyDeleteRice cereal can work wonders!! It's great to hear the gains that the little ones are making in all areas of development. One of the most valuable skill sets of an SLP involves taking any object and using it to do therapy in one way or another. I'm sure you're each getting a lot of practice in that technique over in Africa!
ReplyDeleteDid you see the southern cross? How has church been over there? I know that the countries that I have been blessed to worship in have been an amazing experience. Those huge eyes and hair sticking up are my FAVORITE! :)
ReplyDeleteI had no idea rice cereal could make a difference, but wow! I'm happy to hear that your little kiddos are warming up to you all in language group and they're starting to enjoy therapy time. Wonderful news that those babies are feeding at a faster rate. Good work guys!
ReplyDelete