Saturday, June 8, 2013
Down Time!
So today conisted of sleeping in and having a late breakfast..we got ready and a few of us headed to watch a soccer game at the local school. There was a collegiate tournament going on, so they wanted to go and check the teams out. The rest of us decided to figure out who else we needed to buy for and prepare for the market. Reagan was so generous with her Saturday to take us to Kalomo to get last minute gifts from the market. We spent a few hours there and everyone agreed it was an accomplished trip. We were able to spend a few hours after lunch to catch up on paperwork.. or sleep.. which was nice. We ended up having tacos for dinner which we all were really excited about.. we miss mexican food... watch out Casa Brava..when we are back in the states we are coming for you! We had a meeting tonight to go over last minute stuff before we leave.. we cannot believe we have only one week left with these sweet babies before we are wrapping up! Our hearts are slowly, but surely breaking.. its inevitable. We spent the night just catching up on reading, blogging, paperwork, oh and sleeping of course! :) Although we are truly going to miss these kiddos and have enjoyed this experience so much.. we are so excited to see all of you! We hope you have really loved your experiences in your first offsite placement and we can't wait to hear all about it! Love you all! Will update soon! God Bless!
Location:
East Africa (null)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you all had a great time on your day off. When you all get back to the states we will have to make a Casa trip ASAP! We miss you all so much! I am excited to hear all of the fun stories from your trip and look forward to sharing a few funny stories from my off-site too. What are your plans in Livingstone? And are you all flying back to Little Rock/Searcy or are you going home for a few days before classes start in July? Excited to see you all again!
ReplyDeleteDown time is much needed! I love it too, especially after working in a hospital all week. :-). So have ya'll tried any really good African foods? What do Zambian people do for fun? I got a glimpse of their dancing in an FB video Reagan posted.. Those kids sure can dance! I wanna go with ya'll to Casa Brava when you all are back. I have yet to try it out.
ReplyDeleteTalk to you soon!
You are all very missed, as well!! Seriously. What type of progress/SOAP notes are you writing for the kids? Is the documentation similar to what we do at the HUSC?
ReplyDeleteAs usual I do not have down time lol. I have taken up quilting lessons over the summer, and making new friends, giving haircuts, helping out with weddings, and working about 50 hours a week, so I can't wait till you all come back, and we have a break. ;) BTW Tessa Knight just started her CF as an PRN at the hospital where I am placed right now. We have a huge speech department because it is a certified stroke center. Almost everyone there has speech therapy. So let us know when you get back in town, so we can go get mexican! :)
ReplyDelete