playlist

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Lunar Rainbow Kind of Day

Well as you can probably see from the title of this post, we drove to Livingstone to Victoria Falls to see the lunar rainbow! Let me just start off by saying, it was spectacular! Friday, we completed our first week of therapy at the haven and we celebrated by gathering together to see one of God's wonders. So the day began with a bus ride to Livingstone where we stopped by the market to check out what the locals had to sale.. of course our entire group couldn't leave without buying a few things. We got about an hour or so to relax in our hotel .. a very nice one might I add..with hot showers, we were all very excited about that! We loaded up and went to dinner at Olga's Italian Corner.. it was this small, but quaint place where majority of the table got pizza! YUM! After dinner we headed out to Victoria Falls. For those of you unfamiliar with this particular sight.. let me just say.. it is beautiful. It's one of the largest waterfalls in the world. We went out there at night so we could see this once in a lifetime lunar rainbow. It only occurs at the falls a few days out the year when the moon is at its brightest. It was pretty amazing!

To answer your question Samar, we work with about 18 babies here and there. Yes, Friday we were assigned about three kiddos to keep notes on and track for progress throughout the weeks here. We will be analyzing their developmental improvments from the beginning to end and conclude with a summary report. 

Thank you Mollie! We are truly grateful to have this experience and to see how our profession does make a difference! Thank you so much for your encouraging words and support.. continue to send prayers this way for everyone here at the haven. We love and miss you all too! 

 Below are a few pictures taken from today's exciting activities...

Here are a few photos from where we shopped in the market..




Here is a few pictures of our hotel..




Pictures of dinner at Olga's....








Here are a few at Victoria Falls...




Once we got back to the hotel... we decided to stop off for a late night snack.. here is the group enjoying some yummy treats!





Thank you all for your questions and comments! They mean the world to us! We love you all and hope you are enjoying your time in offsite and learning so much!! We cannot wait to hear all about your new adventures when we return!! We love you!! God Bless!               

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you all are having a wonderful adventure! Your pictures are great! I would love to know more about your interactions at the marketplace. Were you able to communicate easily? Or were there language and cultural barriers that made it difficult to communicate? I miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very much enjoyed all the wonderful pictures! The food looked really yummy!! The hotel was beautiful and the dinner menus were fascinating! Looks like you all are having a wonderful time and I hope that you will all share your stories with us when you return. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was overjoyed to get to see pictures of my friends! You all are missed! It sounds like you got to experience a mixture of zambian and american culture this weekend... pizza, a little touch of home in Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I now know what Italin food is like in Africa, what does African food look like? lol To keep this blog educational...;) I am seeing a fortaste of dysphagia in the fall with yummy pureed food every morning at 7:00am. But this comment really needs to focus on what an awsome weekend you are all having. I am glad that you are all safe and will be praying for you this week. I am so jealous about the lunar rainbow, that just must radiate the awesomeness of God.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you guys are getting some down time and enjoying the beautiful sites in Africa!!! I'm jealous!! Can't wait to hear about it all when ya'll come home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful hotel! That must have been so nice to have a hot shower...the faucet handle on the tub here in my condo somehow stuck on cold and I had to take cold showers or just go dirty for three days---it was awful, so you have all my sympathy there! The lunar rainbow looks so beautiful and mystical! I've *almost* gotten used to the snow-capped mountains that surround Anchorage on all sides but the gulf side, but I don't know if any born and raised Texan can get used to mountains!! :-D

    ReplyDelete