Hi Classmates!!! I hope all is going well with your off sites are going well. We have you all in our thoughts and prayers.
Some updates on a couple of our babies:
Chabonwa:
has made more eye contact
didn't require vibratory stimulation during therapy
vowel vocalizations
Chilala, Benny and Petra:
started cooing today
Jeremy and Jonah:
bared weight on their feet
Christopher:
took his first steps yesterday
Kelvin:
rolled from prone to supine
Joelo:
imitated /m/
social
more eye contact
started walking with assistance
The babies are progressing each day. It is a blessing to experience each milestone with these precious babies.
We hope that you enjoy our pictures and blogs. We miss you all!!!






So glad that these little ones are making such great progress. I guess that is what I miss the most being in the setting I am in. With acute care there isn't a lot of time to make those great connections and see really good progress.
ReplyDeleteJust curious about the types of materials you guys are using during therapy. What are their favorite toys/games/activities?
Loved the pictures!! It's really neat to hear about the pragmatic gains the kids are making. I'm sure you are all proud of their progress... kind of like parents. :) It sounds like you're gaining an appreciation for the role of a PT in motor development, as well as our role in communication. You are all missed!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures too!! The kids look so happy in therapy. I'm excited to hear about the progress with them. It seems like they're all developing skills at different rates.. is there alot of variation in skill set that you're seeing within each same age group?
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures! It sounds like you all are doing such great work. And it looks like Courtney is getting to do a little PT after all! :) Are the babies reaching these milestones at relatively the same age as some of the American babies you've seen?
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are awesome! All of the kiddos look so happy with yall. I am also curious to know if the African babies are reaching milestones around the same time as the babies you have seen back home?
ReplyDeleteI love the motor and speech component of early intervention!!!! I cannot wait to work with this population. Is there a preferred order for these milestones according to "normal zambian standards?" Such as, do zambian mothers expect them to stand closer to when they can sit because of how they are carried etc. Do they make other sounds than our bilabials first in Tongan?
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures--I'm loving seeing you all interacting with the kids, makes me smile :) I wonder if their quick progress is due to the high frequency of therapy they are getting each week (besides the fact they obviously have kick butt therapists)? We only see most of our kids ONCE a week---in my opinion, that just isn't enough time a week to make significant gains...but, a lot of these guys get flown in from all over Alaska (Medicaid and its various programs pays for this!), so I guess when it's that big of a trip it is hard to get in more than once a week. I think y'all's (yes, two apostrophes :-P) setup is the best...it makes me want to go be a live in therapist in some orphanage/foster home...are there such things here I wonder?
ReplyDelete