This evening Webster, one of the night watchmen here at Namwianga, taught our group a song in Tongan. Here are the words:
Wabota Munzi Waba Jesu
Oo La Seluka
Wabota Munzi Waba Jesu
Munzi Wa Ngoalie day
Wabota Munzi Waba Jesu
Ngo To Longy La
Wabota Munzi Waba Jesu
Munzi Wa Ngoalie day
It is a song that talks about the beautiful home of Jesus and how we get to live there one day.
After a few more practices, we hope to record it and upload it here for anyone who wants to listen.
On another note:
Today our group went to the funeral of a little baby who passed away early Friday morning. He was a premature baby who had difficulty breathing and passed at 3 weeks of age.
Tomorrow there will be a memorial service for the daughter of the Murphy family, who passed away suddenly last week while playing in her front yard. She was only 10 years old.
Later this week we will attend another funeral of a little baby from the Havens who passed away Sunday after a long week of battling seizures.
It has been a sad couple of days around the Havens and our group would appreciate prayers on behalf of all those sweet little children who have passed, their families, the aunties, and Meagan.
Blessings,
B.
I am so sorry to hear about all of the sadness going on right now. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for being so transparent in your posts so that we are able to both celebrate and grieve with you back home. I am so proud of the shining lights you all are being to those around you. What a joy to worship with people from across the world! Know you are loved.
ReplyDeleteIt's really neat to hear another culture professing the hope of Christ in times of sorrow. I hate to hear of all the illness and death you are experiencing first hand. At my hospital placment at UAMS, I'm getting a little touch of what you're feeling. Those patients that continue to deteriorate are heart breaking; however, those patients that continue to show improvement because of what you're doing make it worth it.
ReplyDeleteIt is hard enough to hear about the sadness in the lives of the people that I am working with in rehab and to witness their depression let alone death. I will be praying for your strength as well as the families through this time.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about the losses ya'll have experienced. It must be so hard to lose children. I'll be praying for ya'll and the people at the Haven. I feel like everyone there is a family, you experience the happiness and sadness that comes with everyones progression or sickness. I'm hoping for the best for everyone.
ReplyDeleteLove, Samar
So sorry to hear about the young children that have passed. Fortunately, I have not had to deal with that degree of heartache at the rehab hospital. I will continue to pray for the babies, their families, and all of you.
ReplyDeleteWow that sounds like a really rough week... How do Zambian's hold a funeral? How do they celebrate the lives of ones so very young? I imagine there is a lot of beautiful singing...thank you for the words of that song, I hope you all did record and upload it--or I will look forward to hearing it from you when y'all get back. I pray the families will be able to grieve their losses deeply, and then move on to the hope that lives in Christ.
ReplyDelete